Knit & Crochet Garment Competition
Whether you're a knitter or crocheter, a newbie or a practiced hand, you're invited to enter your best garments in the Great Lakes Fiber Show Garment Competition!
Read the requirements carefully — don't miss key details!
- All entries must be —
- Hand-knitted or crocheted, and completed since June 1 of last year
- Clean, odor-free and in new condition
- At least 50% sheep's wool (except the Knitter’s Choice or Crocheter’s Choice)
- LIMITS: An entry will only be accepted in one class, with no more than two entries per class from one individual
- FORM & FEE: All entries must be registered using our onilne entry form and accompanied by a payment of $3 per item
- SUBMISSIONS: Entries will be accepted at the show on Saturday from 8:30–11:00am — no late entries accepted
- JUDGING: Judging will take place Saturday after 11:00am
- PRIZES: Each category will feature First ($7), Second ($4) and Third ($3) Place prizes, with a Best of Show plaque awarded to one entry chosen from all First Place winners
- PICKUP: Entries must be collected Sunday between 2–3:00pm — photo ID required
- K1 — Sweaters and vests, poncho/ruana
- K2 — Shawls
- K3 — Accessories: hats, mittens, scarves, cowls, leggings, etc.
- K4 — Socks and slippers
- K5 — Garments for babies and children
- K6 — Knitter's Choice for non-wool knitted garments and/or garment category not listed
- C1 — Sweaters and vests, poncho/ruana
- C2 — Shawls
- C3 — Accessories: hats, mittens, scarves, cowls, leggings, etc.
- C4 — Socks and slippers
- C5 — Garments for babies and children
- C6 — Crocheters' Choice for non-wool knitted garments and/or garment category not listed
Great Lakes Fiber Show will NOT be responsible for loss or damage. A responsible person will be attending the garments during show hours and the building will be locked at night.